Well folks, it’s that time of year again. The time to think about the year ahead and set goals and aspirations for ourselves. The time when no promises have been broken and we all get to start fresh. People across the globe set expectations for themselves for the upcoming year, and it turns out many of us identify the same areas for improvement within ourselves. Check out this list of the most popular New Year’s Resolutions. Unfortunately, the majority of resolutions are broken by February. FEBRUARY. Really?! Well not this year.
I have to admit, I’ve never really given much thought to New Year’s Resolutions, but this year I’m committing. Hopefully by broadcasting my goals to the web, you all will hold me accountable…
Joanna’s 2012 New Year’s Resolutions:
- Get a library card
- Read for *fun* for 1 hour (at least) 4 times a week
- Take a class on something I’ve wanted to learn, but didn’t have time for in undergrad
- Exercise 5 days per week
- Complete Insanity
- Start a strength training program
- Try 1 new recipe per week
- *Create* something twice a month (craft, gift, DIY project for our home)
- Join a group/club/organization at Mt. Mary
- Blog twice a week
- Go to Mass every Sunday
And there you have it! If I’m able to keep even 1/2 of these resolutions (don’t worry, I’m aiming much, MUCH higher), 2012 is bound to be a top-notch year. Not to mention I’m getting married to an amazing guy!!!!! So what are you looking forward to in 2012? What are you going to create on your clean slate?