This past weekend, Eleanor and I got a jumpstart on Earth Day and tested out our “green thumbs” with some little seed starters! Gardening with my parents are some of my favorite childhood memories (especially the eating part), so I was thrilled to start the same tradition with my little lady :)
Since Spring weather is pretty unpredictable, we decided to do seed starters rather than planting directly in the ground. Our leftover Stonyfield containers were the perfect size! (And luckily, we have no shortage of those around here!)
Eleanor had so much fun scooping the soil into the cups, poking a hole in the center…
and sprinkling in the seeds! This girl certainly didn’t mind getting dirty!
My little helper was a pro with the watering can – our dog learned fairly quickly to steer clear of her path of destruction ;)
Want to grow a little green in honor of Earth Day? It’s easy:
1. Find some high quality seeds like these from High Mowing <– Free shipping!
2. Eat lots and lots of yogurt (not required, but certainly recommended haha)
3. Thoroughly clean your containers and use a push pin to add drainage holes in the bottom
4. Plant your favorite seeds in potting soil
5. Place your cups in a sunny spot and give plenty of water
6. Wait for your seedlings to pop before transplanting to your permanent garden outside! :)
Our little yogurt cups are sitting in our kitchen window and get TLC from Eleanor daily. It won’t be long until we get to dig them each a special home in our backyard!
Do you have a green thumb?
What do you like to plant in your garden?
*I was sent seeds from High Mowing as part of Stonyfield’s YoGetter program