With more time on my hands than I expected and an excess of creative energy, I decided to make one last gift for little Mahala right before we headed home for the holidays. I thought Hoots the Owl turned out so cute, that I tried my hand at one more softie. This time I picked an adorable elephant pattern.
I completely underestimated the difficulty of this project. The pieces don’t fit together well, so it takes a lot of careful pinning to get this little guy put together. My sewing abilities on the sewing machine have definitely improved though – the curves weren’t nearly as hard to maneuver this time around. I had a minor mistake right under the trunk that I ended up just hand stitching to correct, but otherwise I think it turned out great! I hope little M enjoys adding Ellie to her zoo!