J and I have BIG news! On March 15 we closed on our first home…. in OMAHA! That’s right, we’re moving back to the heartland to be closer to our friends and family. We couldn’t think of a better place to welcome our baby girl.
Closing weekend was fast and furious – only 3 days in Omaha. J assembled the nursery furniture and a china hutch with the help of our dads. I got some basic cleaning done, but mostly I made an inventory of the work we should try to get done over spring break.
We’re now back in Nebraska for a whole week and have gotten SO much done!
- Puppy-proofed the backyard fence
- Did major spring clean-up of the lawn (imagine 10+ bags of leaves and sticks)
- Painted 6 rooms
- Assembled more furniture
- Installed our washer and dryer
- Washed up Baby M’s bedding and clothes
- Rekeyed locks
- Bought a rocker for the nursery
Whew. It’s been a ton of work, but getting all of these tasks done now will make our move at the end of April so much easier!
I’ll do a bigger house update after we make the move – stay tuned for some pretty awesome before and afters :)