Thank you to Mommy Fitness for providing me a membership throughout my pregnancy and postpartum journey – I chose to register and pay for Total Control on my own because I truly love the Mommy Fitness experience
Pregnancy and childbirth puts a woman’s body through many changes and these stresses impact parts of your body that you may be unaware of. Healing your pelvic floor can make all the difference in maintaining a healthy, active lifestyle and aging gracefully.
If you’ve been following along on Instagram, you know that I’ve been participating in the Total Control Program at Mommy Fitness. Total Control is an 8 week program specifically designed to help women strengthen and heal their pelvic floor and abdominals. I knew from the moment I got pregnant with baby #2 that I would need this program to fully recover from pregnancy and childbirth.
So why did I enroll?
One year after baby #1…
- I had a diastasis recti (split down the middle of my abs) 4 fingers wide
- I had pelvic floor pain when I ran (this actually resolved with Mommy Fitness while pregnant with baby #2)
- I couldn’t make it through a run without stopping to pee along the way (ditto)
None of my symptoms were horrible, but I knew that if I didn’t heal my body now, more problems would likely arise as I aged. For instance, an unhealed diastasis recti can lead to increased lower back pain or urinary incontinence (not to mention a belly “pooch”). A weak pelvic floor can lead to a whole host of problems ranging from peeing when you sneeze to a pelvic organ prolapse.
These didn’t sound appealing to me, and whether or not I have more children, I wanted my body in the best shape for my future!
What have I learned?
- If you pee more than every 3 hours, leak when you sneeze/laugh, or wake up at night to use the restroom, you have some healing to do
- Many, many, MANY women deal with pelvic floor issues – you’re not alone!
- There are simple exercises that truly make a difference – there’s hope!
What are my results?
Halfway through the 8 week program…
- My diastasis recti has gone from 4 fingers wide to 2 fingers wide
- I have zero annoying pelvic floor issues
- I have learned TONS of valuable information
Even though I believed enough in the program to enroll, I am absolutely, 100% astonished by my results in just 4 weeks. My diastasis recti did not heal AT ALL in the entire year after I gave birth to Eleanor, and in just 4 weeks, I’ve shrunk it by 50%! That’s insane!
I’m so excited to continue learning and see where the next 4 weeks take me. If you’re looking for a good resource, I’d recommend this book to get started!
Ok, so I want to hear your thoughts!
Have you ever heard of Total Control?
Is it something you’d be interested in postpartum?
What questions do you have for me?