**Keep reading till the end for a grooooovy giveaway sponsored by the Rose Theater ;)
Hello and happy Monday! If you follow me on Instagram then you already know that this weekend Eleanor went to her first performance at The Rose Theater (a local children’s theater here in Omaha). Pete the Cat: The Musical was a wonderful introduction to everything The Rose has to offer!
Pete the Cat + Music + Dancing = Eleanor’s dream come true
Since my little two year old had no frame of reference for attending a live show, I did some basic prep to get her ready for a successful performance. Everything went extremely well, so I thought I’d share for any other parents looking to introduce their kiddos to the world of theater!
Before the show
- Talk about where you’ll be going and what will happen happen when you get there
- Introduce (or review) the characters and storyline by reading books or listening to songs
At the show
- Discuss the aspects of the auditorium – the seats, stage, music, lights, etc.
- Set expectations for where your child is to sit, when it’s appropriate to clap, and if/when/how they can talk (whisper) if they need something during the performance
After the show
- Ask what your child enjoyed the most (and share your favorite part too)
- Draw pictures, sing songs, or act out your favorite scenes at home
- Acknowledge (and reward) great behavior
Pete the Cat GIVEAWAY
For my Omaha readers, The Rose Theater has generously offered four ticket vouchers to the performance of your choice! Earn up to four entries by doing each of the following:
- Leave a comment on this blog post with the show your most excited for at The Rose this year (Check out the full line-up HERE)
- Visit Makingmine on Facebook (leave a comment if you “liked”)
- Visit The Rose Theater on Facebook (leave a comment if you “liked”)
- Follow Makingmine on Instagram (leave a comment if you followed)
*Giveaway will end Wednesday, Sept. 16 at 11:59pm. Winner will be contacted via email. Recipient is responsible for redeeming the ticket vouchers for the show of their choice.
Pete the Cat: The Musical
Location: The Rose Theater, 2001 Farnam Street, Main Stage
Date: September 11-27
Time: Fridays at 7pm, Saturdays at 2pm and 5pm, Sundays at 2pm
Show Specifics: 60 minutes without an intermission. Best for families with children ages 3 and up.
Tickets: $18 general admission. Call (402)345-4849 or purchase online at The Rose Theater’s website
*Special thanks to The Rose for sponsoring this post