What’s in my bag at any given moment can tell you a lot about what’s going on in my life. Before kids, I carried a normal, manageable sized purse stocked with only the essentials. Then Eleanor came along, and that cute purse was replaced by a HUGE diaper bag (which I loved by the way) filled to the brim with diapers, wipes, changes of clothes, spare socks, etc.
Now with a nearly 2 year old, my bag looks completely different! Eleanor’s carries a little backpack of her own that holds
most some of her belongings, so my bag has become a strange mix of mom/kid items. It’s only a matter of days/weeks before I welcome back that big diaper bag and all of those infant essentials, but before that happens, here’s a look at what’s making the cut right now…
1. Emergency snack for mom: I put this as number one because it’s obviously the most important, haha! But really, being 9 months pregnant means that hunger strikes at the most random times and my blood sugar gets wonky. Ever since they arrived in my product scout box from Savvy Sassy Moms, I’ve been LOVING these BarkTHINS – sweet, salty, crunchy, and perfectly stackable! The dark chocolate pretzel are my faves!
2. Headphones: After ending up a the gym one too many times with no way to listen to music, I started carrying these in my giant mom bag instead of my gym bag. That way I’m 100% sure to have them with me when I need them most!
3. Hand sanitizer: I love babyganics hand sanitizer! We are on-the-go so much that it’s nice to have a quick way to clean up Eleanor’s hands before giving her a snack or putting her in the car where she routinely sucks her thumb. The foamy consistency makes it easy for her to rub it in herself.
4. Toy phone: Because you just never know when a toy phone will come in handy :)
5. Sunglasses: These Ray-Ban Wayfayers are my all-time favorite pair of sunglasses! And (knock on wood) I haven’t lost them yet!
6. Hand lotion: I HATE dry hands and LOVE this lotion! It’s super moisturizing, unscented and has SPF – win/win/win!
7. Hair ties: I bet I have 20 of these little hair ties floating around my bag. Eleanor’s hair is always falling in her eyes, so I’m constantly reaching for a tie to hold it back. These soft options are great because they don’t pull out her fine baby hair!
8. Wipes: For faces, hands, butts – self-explanatory here! ;)
9. Emergency snack for Eleanor: Also a no brainer! Being hungry and out of the house is the worst situation to be in with a toddler. These squeezable applesauce pouches have saved my sanity more than once!
**Not pictured but also currently present: 20 Hello Kitty valentines, 2 sippy cups, 1 play baby bottle, 2 board books, 5 stickers from the grocery store clerk, a slinky, 6 tubes of lip gloss/chapstick, 3 pens, 1 iPhone charger, and too many receipts to count ;)
Ok, no wonder my bag is so heavy! I might need to pare everything down to make room for baby! :)
What’s the most random item in your bag?